Hiring the wrong person for the job can be costly. Consider the time and expense associated with interviewing candidates, training new employees, advertising and the related administrative activities.
Finding and hiring the right people for your organisation can be one of your biggest challenges. This workshop is designed to help participants learn the skills and techniques of preparing for an interview, conducting an interview and then making an effective hiring decision.
Who should attend
The workshop is ideal for managers and HR professionals as well as anyone involved in staff recruitment within their organisation.
- How to define an effective selection system
- How to preparing for an interview
- What data to gather in the interview process
- Tips for managing interviews
- How to make an effective hiring decision
- Legal considerations and managing unconscious bias
Upon completion of this workshop you will be able to:
- Identify what an effective selection system looks like.
- Explain what a job analysis and capabilities are and the role they play in the selection process.
- Gather relevant candidate information using planned behavioural questions.
- Manage an interview being considerate of both personal and practical needs.
- Use all information gathered through the selection process to make an effective hiring decision.
- Understand legal considerations for the selection process.
Want to know more?
Download our Workplace Training & Workshops brochure to get more details on our workshops, including pricing.
Send us a message and we'll get straight back to you